A 3-day course designed to give a comprehensive introduction to road safety auditing. Delegates will undertake a number of audits in small groups and receive feedback on the issues raised. After attending, delegates should be able to undertake Road Safety Audits more objectively and confidently.
This module is aimed at professionals who are expected to carry out audits, those who commission audits, at designers whose work is audited and at those who manage the road safety audit process.
Aims and Objectives
- to give delegates a sound background to road safety audits
- to give delegates advice on safety issues related to a number of highway features
- to give delegates "hands-on" experience of carrying out road safety audits of a number of different scheme types
- to encourage delegates to share their experiences of road safety and highway design
- Why do we need to carry out Road Safety Audits
- What is a Road Safety Audit (RSA)?
- How to carry out a Road Safety Audit and write a Road Safety Audit procedure
- Common problems and solutions
- Writing a good road safety report
- Checklist and control data
- Priority junctions
- Normal roundabouts
- Pedestrian/cycle crossings
- Traffic signals
Delegates completing this course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance, recognised by both the IHE and CIHT.
Dates of Next Course
TBA 2017, if you wish to register your interest in attending, please contact us and we will let you know as soon as we schedule dates for the next course.
£645 excluding VAT (VAT will be charged at current UK Rate)
Booking a place
To book a place on this course please either download a pdf booking form or follow the link below to make an online booking.