A 2-day course designed to provide up to date knowledge on recent research, publications and DfT Standards relevant to road safety audit, and experience of new audit areas covered and more challenging workshops. This course is aimed at practicing safety auditors who want to build on their safety audit experience. The course consists of informal short lectures, practical workshops, discussion sessions, case studies and examples.
Aims and Objectives
- To give delegates a more comprehensive understanding of recent research and publications, including the latest DfT Standards relating to road safety audit and design guidance relating to vulnerable road users
- To provide delegates from all backgrounds with the knowledge, skills and understanding to carry out their professional roles
- To provide the opportunity for delegates to network and discuss recent complex issues in auditing relating to new areas of road safety auditing
- To clarify the relationship between road safety audits and other types of audit such as Non-Motorised User, Quality and Accessibility audits
- To provide advice and experience through practical workshops and case studies
- HD19/15 – Non conformities
- GD04/12 – Understanding its relationship with road safety audits
- Research review workshop
- Motorcyclists – understanding their risks and design guidance for them
- TSRGD 2016 and new concepts relating to it
- Conflict studies – concept, site visit and analysis
- Relationship between RSAs and other types of audit
- Design stage audit workshops:-
- Public realm with cycle facilities
- Seaside regeneration with tram
- Major development access
Delegates completing this course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance, recognised by both the IHE and CIHT. This course enables delegates to maintain their CPD requirements for Road Safety Audit in accordance with HD19/15.
TBA 2017, if you wish to register your interest in attending, please contact us and we will let you know as soon as we schedule dates for the next course.
£495 excluding VAT (VAT will be charged at the current UK Rate)
Booking a place
To book a place on this course please either download a pdf booking form or follow the link below to make an online booking.