A two day course designed to give an introduction to a wide range of Traffic Management measures and processes. After attending, delegates should be able to understand many of the statutory processes and design issues surrounding this work area and will be able to undertake traffic management work with more confidence.
The course offers an ideal starting point for those new to Traffic Management or needing to gain more information in specific areas of this work.
The course consists of informal short lectures, practical workshop and discussion sessions, case studies and examples.
Aims and Objectives:
- To enable delegates to understand the issues involved in undertaking a wide range of traffic management work
- To provide delegates with the knowledge, skills and understanding to carry out their professional roles
- To give the delegates the opportunity to network and discuss traffic management issues
- Introduction to traffic management
- Local Transport Policy
- Powers and duties
- Sources of information and good practice guidance
- Principles of a road hierarchy
- Manual for Streets
- Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions
- Traffic Signs Manual
- Streetscape and decluttering issues
- Pedestrian facilities
- Facilities for people with disabilities
- Cycling facilities
- Public transport facilities
- Road safety
Delegates completing this course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance, recognised by both the IHE and CIHT.
Date of Next Course:
16th - 17th May 2017
Course Venue: Coventry, West Midlands
£495 excluding VAT (VAT will be charged at the current UK Rate)
Booking a place:
To book a place on this course please either download a pdf booking form or make an online booking by using the link below.