A one-day course covering the principles of design and good practice for roundabouts and mini-roundabouts.
1. The design sessions include good practice guidance but not AutoCAD training.
2. There are ARCADY sessions which include guidance on interpreting the model outputs and how the main input factors affect the results. They do not include a demonstration of the software. Training on the ARCADY is available from TRL, who own and license the software.
- Selection of Junction Type and Principles of Junction Capacity
- Types of Roundabout
- Design of Mini-Roundabouts
- Roundabout Geometry including Entry Path Curvature / Deflection and Entry Angles
- Visibility Issues
- Landscaping and Art on Central Islands
- Segregated Left Turning Lanes and Subsidiary Defection Islands
- Pedestrian and Cycle Facilities
- Vertical Alignment and Drainage
- Signs and Markings including Spiral Markings
- Road Safety Issues
Aims and Objectives
Completing the course will give delegates more confidence in applying good practice principles to their designs and result in better designs from both a road safety and capacity point of view.
Delegates completing this course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance, recognised by both the IHE and CIHT.
The fee for this course is £395 + VAT per person, which includes all costs (course notes, certification etc.).
Unfortunately we’re not able to offer this course on an open basis – please see below for details of our available training options.